1. Here we see Mr Duke Nukum himself, fighting it out with the worst (or best, depending your mode of thought) that Dr. Proton has to offer. Equipped only with his nuclear pistol and his 'can-do' attitude, Duke will venture to a plethora of colourful levels and environments, including the elusive 'Moonbase' and 'Future' in Episodes 2 & 3.
2. These are items that Duke must pick up in order to increase his 'score' and general well-being, and range from such bizarre things as joysticks to equally strange cola-cans. Collect at your own risk!
3. Strange spikey ball-type things, which, although looking like food, by unfortunate chance also remove health. Going by this alone we could therefore class it as an 'enemy', but using the same notion one could also argue that cigarettes, alcohol and rainforests are enemies. You be the judge, if you like.
4. A box. Not just any ordinary box either, but a grey one with a question mark on the front of it. Surely, this would be one of the most exciting boxes ever to grace your screen. Shoot the box to release a goodie of sorts, which is entirely collectable and thus able to increase your score. Excellent!
5. Which Duke game would be complete without a robot? Duke Nukem 3D of course, but that's an entirely different story. These lethal, killing machines will patiently march back and forth over the same place, and attack only when you actually walk into it! A foe to be avoided, most certainly.
6. Spikes. By headbutting the spike from below, or falling onto one from above, one's health is, strangely enough, diminished. But really, anybody who falls into spikes of their own accord is probably lacking in health anyway. Watch out for these blighters.
7. These strange flying buggers will shoot at you before crashing into your face, and apparently show no remorse for anything at all! Be careful around these, they're likely to have an eye out.
8. Yes, Dr. Proton is watching your every move with these spy cameras, it would certainly appear that not even Duke is entitled to a little privacy anymore! Prevent the shockingly perverted Dr. Proton from following you about with his watchful gaze by knocking to pieces these prying devices, unless of course you're into that kind of thing.
9. These dreaded rabbits of death will commit the heinous act of walking into you in order to inflict terrible damage to Duke's person! Avoid these little bastards at all costs, as "death awaits with sharp, pointed teeth" - one must be vigilant.
10. The terrified face of Duke as he stares into the cold, dead eyes of a pink furry rabbit! Will he survive?
Screenshot 4. The end screen of the first episode, the armchair shaped speck below the moon the one and only Dr. Proton! Duke must too acquire an armchair and ascend to the Moonbase, where he will be fended off by robots with menacing life stories. Life, don't talk to me about life.